Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I Want to Be a Betazoid

I used to watch Star Trek: The Next Generation with my dad. It was on late...9pm (gasp!), and sometimes it was a struggle to keep awake. But it was worth it. Complex plots, thought-provoking issues of humanity and morality, Patrick Stewart's accent. All these were reasons to stay tuned.

My favorite character by far was the half-Betazoid, half-human hybrid Deanna Troi. She was one of my early heroes. Beautiful, intelligent, and emotionally mature, she was everything I wanted to be when I got older. Instead, I just developed a thing for men with beards.


For those of you who found similar inspiration in Star Trek: The Next Generation, this call for submissions is for you. This month, the Make It So Anthology is accepting your TNG-themed poetry. Check the website for complete rules and requirements. Engage!

1 comment:

Donna Cappello said...

You're so funny Katie! Men with beards - I don't recall George having a beard! Oh, wait - you mean Isaac! Hahaha!