Friday, March 5, 2010

Foodie Friday

I love food. I love planning, preparing, and eating meals. I love a glass of wine with a bowl of stew. I love cheese. I love greens with a little bit of vinegar and molasses. I love bread and tortillas, biscuits and croissants. And I love my home, the Sacramento Delta, where food and wine are such an important part of the local culture and economy.

For Italians, cheese and bread is like breathing: essential to life. And they will both be celebrated this weekend at Old Soul Coffee Co. in Sacramento. Bestill my Italian heart. Cheese, Bread & Thou, a seminar organized by Slowfood Sacramento, promises to combine the magic of Old Soul breadmakers with cheese artisans from Pedrozo and North Valley Chevre. Tickets are $25. Bliss is ensured.

Now, if there's anything I love as much as bread and cheese, it's wine and books. Those of you that feel the same can fulfill your hunger later this month, when local foodie giant Darrell Corti, of Corti Bros. Grocery will speak at Time Tested Books as part of the Sacramento Living Library. The March 21st event is free to the public, and promises to be a fascinating look into the life of a professional gourmet. Salud!

No comments: