Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Fab Fourteen Hills

Last week's Fourteen Hills release party at the San Francisco Motorcycle Club was rockin'. Never have I been to a journal release that was so diverse and so well-attended, by both contributors and lit-lovers. I mean, people flew in from the East Coast for crissakes...and raffle prizes (none of which I won, sob) ran the gamut of sock monkeys, couture corsets, and clown cabaret tickets. Really.

The knock-you-down drinks were poured by a couple of bikers, and were sufficiently strong enough to make me stumble on my way to the mike. Sorry, blond-haired girl with kick-ass boots in the front row. I read two poems the quickly got off the stage, but not before I inadvertently insulted my man and revealed that my fly was down earlier.

But, hey, all's fair in...um...poetry readings. Thanks again to the amazing editors of Fourteen Hills. You all know how to throw a party. And if you haven't gotten your copy of the newest issue yet, buy it here. Feliz Navidad all!

No comments: