Friday, June 12, 2009

Weekly Workshop: Better Late Than Never

I hate being late. It hurts. It makes my stomach do a sickening fluttery thing, a feeling similar to the one I get when I ride the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror at California Adventure. I imagine many people feel the same. I can see it in the way they tailgate me on a packed interstate, desperate to keep yet another car from cutting in front of them. Or the sound of their cars revving as they finally realize the source of the traffic is a stalled car...on the other side of the freeway.

Panic. Anxiety. Shame. What do these things look, sound, taste, or feel like to you? Maybe lateness is epitomized by the relentlessly changing numbers on your digital clock. Maybe lateness tastes like a hasty swig of burnt coffee which singes the delicate walls of your throat as it goes down. For me, lateness this morning was a neat outfit suitable for the office, completed by a pair of flip flops. Oops.

Tell me your fantastic new imagery for lateness. And T.G.I.F.

No comments: