Monday, June 8, 2009

Movie Monday: Take this Pebble from my Hand

When we were little, our mother would banish us from the living room for three television shows. Right after lunch, we took our naps while she watched I Love Lucy and The Andy Griffith Show. And just before she prepared dinner, she would send us outside so she could watch Kung Fu.

I'd watch the end credits sometimes, and I'd wonder about the lonely-looking wanderer making his way to his next adventure. David Carradine, who passed away last week, personified the eternal student of Eastern spirituality. His quest for peace and wisdom seemed authentic because, in some ways, it was.

A prolific actor, Carradine was known for his television, commercial, and movie roles. Many he reprised, including his famous Kung Fu character, as well as his role as Frankenstein in Death Race and, most recently, his triad of appearances in Tarantino's Kill Bill trilogy. His soft voice and iconic face will be missed greatly, both by my mother and the thousands of other fans, and his mark on the entertainment world will never be forgotten.

1 comment:

Donna Cappello said...

Really? I don't remember doing this AT ALL!